6 Sep - Wednesday - First Lesson
Had my japanese lesson and it was quite boring as the teacher just went through the course outline. I had to take level 1 again as the level here is much higher than the level 1 in Singapore. But the first few lessons will be back on memorising hiragana and katakana. However, they have lab lessons on monday which means I have to go to a lab and listen to audio recordings. In fact, language lessons are more expensive. $800 a semester to take language, $400 more to take a subject elsewhere. That's what I heard from a girl I met during japanese class (not really sure if it is really this expensive). However, she has to drop out as she wanted to learn a higher level (she stayed in Japan for 1 year, a couple of years ago).

After the lessons, I went to meet the rest to go for a Commerce Welcome BBQ. The Deans and the heads had to bbq beef patties for us. So cool right! It is like a great student and teacher community. The bbq was held at Gyro Park, the same beach we visited where we were staying in the school residence. The queue was so long but the food was worth waiting. I couldn't help taking 2 burgers as I was hungry and it looked really good. Again, we had to fill the burgers with whatever we want. I put mayo on the bread, put a bit of ketchup, onions, lettuce and went to collect the beef patties. We even got chips, ruffles, lays, some other brands. I took 4 packets. Kept 2 and gave 2 to jingting as she had lessons and couldn't make it for the bbq.
In the last picture,the girls of Singapore, from left to right: me, Rebecca, Jolene, Ellince and Cheryl. 3 other girls were not in. However, the 5 of us and Jingting are closer to each other.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home